See and experience Alvar Aalto in Seinäjoki
Let Aalto inspire you
Alvar Aalto was a legendary Finnish architect and historical figure. The mark of Aalto’s hand can be strongly seen in Seinäjoki and draws the interest of architecture enthusiasts both nationally and internationally. However, Aalto has a lot to offer for all of us. The architectural whole of Seinäjoki combined with the city’s services provides a unique opportunity to be inspired and enthused – to discover beauty and cultural and historical value in Seinäjoki as well as to enjoy the offerings of the centre of the region of Southern Ostrobothnia. Seinäjoki’s Aalto Centre offers amazing experiences and sights for every visitor, which you can enjoy alone, with friends or with your whole family.
Aalto Inspires is a collection of Aalto sites, products and services which offers set packages as well as opportunities to customise freely. It will inspire you to see, do, experience and try. Aalto Inspires gives everyone the opportunity to enjoy their own creativity and to draw from Aalto. Get to know the Aalto sites and products, choose the ones that interest you the most and let Aalto inspire you!
Alvar Aalto sites
Aalto products for individual travellers
- Tour from childhood home to Jyväskylä in Finnish Lakeland
- The world’s largest collection of Aalto glassware
- Aalto mobile guide for children
- Mobile guide – Get inspired by Aalto on your own
- Aalto accommodation package in Seinäjoki
- Aalto menus at the Manor House of Uppala
- Aalto menu at Juurella restaurant
- Guided Walking Tour of the Aalto Centre in Seinäjoki
Aalto products for groups
- 8 days tour of the best-known Finnish architects Alvar Aalto and Eliel Saarinen
- Seinäjoki savour – fine food and architecture
- The gems of Aalto’s architecture
- Finnish Design, Architecture and Handicraft in Seinäjoki
- Meeting in the spirit of Alvar Aalto
- Explore Seinäjoki in a Few Hours
- Moving, Playing and Reading in Seinäjoki
- Culture Walk in Seinäjoki
Alvar Aalto brochures and videos
The video shot by Katja Lösönen shows how the Aalto Centre is made for people:
it is a place for work, celebration and recreation. The video was made in 2016.
Watch the video in here.
Experience and listen to Alvar Aalto in here.