050 571 7875
The Kitinoja Church is located in Kitinoja, Ylistaro. The village church was designed by architect Kauno S. Kallio and consecrated in 1952. It was built mostly with donations and as a voluntary effort by the villagers. The church and the adjacent graveyard are owned by the Kitinoja church association. The Seinäjoki parish rents the building from the association.
The first altarpiece was painted and donated by the then vicar of the parish. Today, the altar is adorned with a painting by professor Veikko Vionoja depicting Jesus with children in a Kitinoja scene. The church has a rectangular shape and can seat 250 people. Thanks to its excellent acoustics, the church is a popular recording destination for choirs and orchestras. Guided tours of the church are available on request.